Checking the conditions of your windows from time to time should be taken into consideration, as windows play an important role in your household. Windows can add value to your home, improve your comfort, increase energy efficiency and provide more access to natural light. So, when was the last time you checked your windows? How will you know when it’s time to replace them?
We’ve put together the 5 biggest signs that indicate you need new windows:
- Difficulty opening, closing and locking windows: Close and open each window in your home to check for smooth operation, if it requires some force and pressure to open then it’s time to replace them. Windows that are difficult to operate may be rusted over, making it a chore for you to open and close. If your windows don’t close properly, you probably won’t be able to lock them, which can impact the safety of your home.
- Window Frames Are Decaying: Window frames are constantly exposed to moisture and it can build up over time, causing serious decay and safety issues.
Having a build-up of moisture can also cause leaky windows, as a result, you could find some droplets or even small pools of water around your home from your windows. If you notice that your frames show signs of decay or there are droplets of water around your home, then this is a definite sign that you need a serious upgrade.
- Windows Aren’t Soundproofing Your Home: Windows are designed to reduce the amount of sound from outdoors, which can make a huge difference to homeowners who live on a busy road. If your window is shut and you can clearly hear noises from outside, then this is probably an indicator that your window needs replacing. So, if you want a window that ensures you peace and quiet in your home; then organizing new window installation is the way to go.
- Windows are Drafty: Do you feel a breeze from your windows when they’re closed? In this case, there may be a broken or faulty seal that causes your window not to shut properly and changes the overall temperature in your home. As a result, your energy bills will be higher as your system would work in overdrive to keep up with the fluctuations in temperature. Installing a new window will eliminate those drafts and drastically improve your energy efficiency.
- Condensation build-up: Not all condensation is bad, but if you notice that your windows are building up condensation between the layers of glass, it means your seals have failed and allowed moisture between the glass panes. Once the seals fail your windows become leaky and the efficiency is gone. So, if you do see condensation between the two panes of glass, then that’s a sign to get your windows replaced before they get too leaky.
Do You Think Your Windows Need Replacing?
If you’re finding that your windows aren’t operating properly then you need to choose the right installation team to replace them. At Accent Windows, we understand that replacing your windows is a big investment; that’s why we work with you to provide you with windows that are as unique as your home. We offer custom exterior colours to perfectly match the exterior colour of your home, while also offering a variety of designer glass options, allowing you to personalize your windows to match the aesthetics of your home.